Cut List Downloading Software (TigerLink 6)
TigerStop has extensive experience handling work orders and cut list data. Using TigerStop’s Cut List Downloading Software, TigerLink 6, you can download cut lists or part lists from your network and send them to your TigerStops using Ethernet cables. You no longer have to use messy paper cut lists.
- TigerStop can hold 100 part lists or cut lists using a standard controller. Each list can be programmed by hand using the TigerStop controller or can be downloaded using TigerLink 6 Cut List Downloading software.
- Using the TigerTouch touch screen controller you can download and infinite number of cut lists that can be used for processing multiple grades and widths.
- Any delimited file format such as comma or tab delimited files are compatible with TigerLink 6 Cut List Downloading software. For example, excel file and .csv files. All of TigerStop’s software programs create .Tiger files.
The “Style” option on TigerLink 6 allows you to choose how you want to process each list.
- Pusher – A pusher list will push or index material toward the tool when processing parts. When programming a pusher list, you will enter all of your finished part sizes or positions if you are punching or drilling material. Pusher lists can be optimized if you have the TigerStop Dynamic Optimization software upgrade.
- Pull – This option will make TigerStop process lists in pull mode, pulling material from the tool. A pull list will process one material lengths worth of parts, but will pull away from the tool’s zero point. This is useful when pulling parts through a punch or other similar applications. Pull lists cannot be optimized or used with cutoff equipment. A pull is ideal for punching and drilling type applications.
- Set Point– This option will make TigerStop process lists as a stop, moving to a particular point that the operator programs or sets. Thus, “set point.” When programming a set point list, you will enter absolute value positions from the zero point of your tool. Set point lists can be optimized if you have the TigerStop Dynamic Optimization software upgrade.
- Pattern – This option will make TigerStop process a pattern style lists. A pattern list will tell TigerStop to process one material lengths worth of parts in a push feed fashion. For example, you can set the pattern to cut lengths that are 2 feet and 4 feet long and the TigerStop will process this one pattern, 2 feet and then 4 feet, over and over, pushing the material into the tool until it is told to stop. Pattern lists cannot be optimized from the controller. For more information about TigerLink6 go to the Installation Guide.
If you already have Cut List Downloading software (TigerLink 6) you can upgrade your TigerStop with TigerSet software.
The TigerSet software upgrade opens up a communication port on your TigerStop so you can use a PC, PLC, or barcode scanner for example, to control your TigerStop systems. With TigerSet you can bypass the controller and communicate directly with your TigerStop.
Dynamic Optimization™ software from TigerStop®, also known as linear nesting, is an instant and mathematically precise way of deciding what order to process parts to optimize material yield. The software determines the best use of material, so the operator (unskilled worker or pro fabricator) only has to focus on feeding parts and cutting.
Dynamic Optimization software calculates the best cutting order so you have the least amount of scrap waste. The software goes through every combination of every length and quantity of material in your cut list.
The operator then simply makes the cut and the stop moves to the next position. He doesn’t need to do any complicated math or cut in order of largest material to shortest. To learn more click here.
Flooring Optimization Software
TigerStop’s Flooring Optimization software upgrade for TigerTouch is perfect for manufacturers of flooring who need to ship finished products in very specific pallet sizes. Flooring Optimization software replaces the need to purchase custom flooring packaging machines.
Operators in the millwork and flooring industries now have the ability to cut random length material that’s optimized and defected, and easily lay it up for packaging.
Flooring Optimization software is only available for TigerSaw 1000 machines using TigerTouch, a Defecting Scanning Pusher Foot, and Inkjet Printing. The TigerSaw 1000 will defect and optimize the raw flooring material stock and ensure that it fits perfectly into the desired pallet parameters. You may set the following parameters: Total Piece Lengths, Maximum Piece Length, Total Linear Feet, Over Margin, and Under Margin.
Backboard Optimization and Defecting
Backboard Optimization™ is a process developed and patented by TigerStop which utilizes Dynamic Optimization software in conjunction with a backboard fence and ruler. Backboard Optimization streamlines roughly 80% of the cutting process and has a number of additional benefits:
- It eliminates set up time
- It standardizes cut off quality
- It eliminates time spent tracking parts when used with Cut List Downloading software and Label Printing
- It eliminates time spent calculating best material yields from stock
- It provides effective processing of low grade and defected material
Backboard Optimization Process
What does the process look like?
- The operator selects a cut list he wants to begin process. This tells him what material to grab for the job. The cut list can either be downloaded into the TigerStop or entered manually.
- The operator places his stock on the infeed and makes a trim cut if necessary.
- The operator then identifies where the first defect is in the material in relationship to the back fence. He enters the measurement of where the first defect begins into the TigerStop. This tells the TigerStop how much free material there is prior to reach the first defect. The Dynamic Optimization software calculates the best possible material yield available for the clear stock.
- If there is no defect in the material, the operator simply enters in the length of the board he is processing.
- The operator then cuts the clear stock until he reaches the first defect. The TigerStop automatically advances to the correct position to optimize the clear stock. All the operator has to do is move the material up against the stop and cut.
- Once the operator reaches the first defect he cuts it out. He then looks at the backboard fence to see the length of clear stock available until the end of the board or until the next defect begins. He types in the measurement and keeps repeating the Backboard Optimization process.
Tip 1: Use all of your scrap pieces FIRST when using Backboard Optimization. We call this “Worst First,” and it quickly eliminates your scrap pile.
Tip 2: Label Printing is a fantastic addition to the Backboard Optimization. Custom part labels can be added to each part for easy sorting.
Crayon Defect Marking
Another way to squash that heaping raw material bill is through Crayon Defect Marking. Rather than paying for the most expensive defect free lumber like FAS or Select, you can purchase lower grade No. 1 Common and get rid of those unsightly knots quickly and in-house.
Use a UV Crayon and TigerStop’s Laser Scanning to mark your material according to how you want to process it. If there is a defect on your piece such as wane, splits, discoloration, or knots, mark the beginning of the defect with a line and the end of the defect with a line. The knot and any of the material between the two lines will be interpreted as waste and removed. The rest of the material will be scanned and optimized with TigerStop’s Dynamic Optimization™ software for the best yield.
When you pair Crayon Defecting with optimization software you are maximizing yield, eliminating defects, and reducing scrap waste all in a few swipes of your crayon.
Your UV crayon can also do what we call Grade Marking. Grade Marking is simply using various crayon marks to tell your TigerStop the grade of material it’s going to process.
A TigerStop can process up to 3 different grades of material at the same time depending on how you mark your piece. For example, if one section of your maple board is paint grade and the other is stain grade, you can make separate grade marking lists and process jobs for cabinet parts (stain grade) and pallets (paint grade) at the same time.
- Two lines drawn closely together tell your TigerStop to switch to Grade Marking List #1
- Three lines drawn closely together tell your TigerStop to switch to Grade Marking List #2
- Four lines drawn closely together tell your TigerStop to switch to Grade Marking List #3
You can now optimize your parts based on three separate grade marking lists. You could cut parts for 3 different jobs at once, all from one board. Oh, and Dynamic Optimization software makes sure that while the boards are being grade marked they are also being optimized for the highest yield. To learn more about Grade Marking click here.
Any TigerStop can be enhanced with cutting edge touch screen control with TigerTouch™. Using the TigerTouch touch screen controller, you can download an infinite number of cut lists, display three cut lists at a time for easy switching between work orders, and view statistics such as job status, remnants, remaining parts, and yield.
TigerTouch is also equipped with a feature called Cascading Cut Lists which runs lists sequentially, or in a cascading effect. Using the Cascading Cut List feature means the operator does not have to wait until a list is finished, choose the next list he wants to run, and press start. The operator can run successive lists, saving a tremendous amount of time. If material profiles change from one list to the next, Cascading Cut List software will notify the operator so he can feed the necessary material for the job.
TigerStop offers a wireless or wired barcode scanner. The barcode scanner can be used to move your TigerStop to a position and manage cut lists. You will need TigerSet and TigerLink 6 Cut List Downloading software and an I/O panel if you want to use your barcode scanner to download or create cut lists. The barcode scanner can be used to enter part lengths into a cut list instead of typing in the length data manually. With your barcode scanner, you can build cut lists and then optimize those cut lists using Dynamic Optimization software. Your barcode scanner can also print barcoded data when using the TigerStop Label Printing upgrade.
TigerStop offers label printing. The TigerStop printer will print part information for each part processed, making sorting finished parts much faster.
When used with TigerLink 6 Cut List Downloading software you can print labels with custom part information. You can also configure custom labels using TigerTouch touch screen software.
TigerStop printers can print 2 inch or 4 inch wide labels. Each printer is fitted with thermal labels so you will not need to replace ink or toner cartridges.
Thermal Transfer Printer
TigerStop offers Thermal Transfer Printing as well. Custom part list information can be printed onto finished pieces using special UV resistant ink, keeping labels from fading in sunlight over time.
TigerStop’s Open Source Software Development Kit TigerSDK
TigerSet also allows you to download TigerStop’s free open source Software Development Kit (SDK) to create your own code. The SDK is a set of tools to help you develop your own software for the TigerStop hardware platform. If your company wants to use its TigerStop in a way that we don’t yet support, you can do so using our free code. The SDK includes an extensive library of TigerStop commands to make writing new software that much easier. Become part of an amazing development community by visiting: https://github.com/TigerStop.
In order for the code to interact with your TigerStop device, it needs to have version 5.60 or above firmware installed on it and be enabled with TigerSet. The SDK development team is readily available if you happen to have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Standard Interconnect Kit
The Standard Interconnect Kit or SIK is supplied with every single TigerStop. It does two things:
- Improves safety
- Improves productivity
When the SIK is installed on your tool, it prevents your machine from cycling while the TigerStop is in motion and the TigerStop from moving when the machine is cycling. While the Standard Interconnect Kit is primarily a safety interconnect, it does have additional productivity enhancing benefits: it partially automates the cutting process.
With an SIK, your TigerStop moves to the next length or position without the operator having to hit the start button after entering each cut list, job, or dimension into the TigerStop controller. For an increased level or automation, utilizing TigerStop’s Cut List Downloading Software, you can send cut lists or jobs directly to the TigerStop and the SIK will cycle through the list without you having to manually enter dimensions.
Advanced Interconnect Kit
The Advanced Interconnect Kit, or AIK, allows for a fully automatic operation and consists of a safety relay box, I/O panel, safety line, mounting plate, foot switch, and a safety cable chain. The Advanced Interconnect facilitates precise control and coordination of movement between your TigerStop and your machine tool of choice. It does so using magnetic sensors to tell the TigerStop when the tool is not cycling (tool at rest sensors) and when the tool is at the peak of its stroke (tool at extension sensors).
The AIK’s Features Include:
- Preventing the movement of the tool when TigerStop is in motion or when the tool is not in a safe position.
- Efficiently starting and stopping the tool’s action and enhancing its performance by controlling the supply of air to the tool using the air control solenoid.
- Fully automating your TigerStop work station (with proper safety guards on your saw or other machine tool of course!)
*Using a TigerStop AIK or SIK does not relieve you of the responsibility to ensure that your saw or other tool has all the necessary safety equipment in place.
Dynamic Pack Optimization
TigerStop offers a brand new software upgrade for TigerTouch called Dynamic Pack Optimization. Dynamic Pack Optimization optimizes entire packs or bundles of like-profiled material, rather than single pieces. It does so quickly and accurately while tracking material usage statistics data.
Dynamic Pack Optimization allows operators to achieve maximum productivity. It quickly calculates the greatest number of proﬁles an operator can load while achieving the best yield and preventing over-cutting of expensive raw stock. It can be used while processing metal, wood, composites, and plastics.
How does it work?
Using TigerStop’s patented TigerTouch tablet software coupled with the Dynamic Pack Optimization software upgrade, the operator simply enters the stock profile he would like to cut or process. The operator then enters the maximum number of like-profiles his saw envelope or machine tool can process at one time. Using its world class proprietary algorithm, the Dynamic Pack Optimization software tells the operator how many pieces of stock to bundle together in the pack resulting in the best yield and productivity, while preventing over-cutting.
Benefits of TigerStop Software
The Inherent Benefits of Using TigerStop Software and Hardware
- Dynamic Optimization™ and Dynamic Pack Optimization™ determine the best use of material, so the operator (unskilled worker or pro fabricator) only has to focus on feeding parts and cutting. Yield is increased dramatically.
- TigerStop® moves to the correct position up to .004” so the operator never has to use a tape measure or set a manual stop block or fence ever again. This saves a tremendous amount of time and labor costs.
- TigerStop® reduces station set up time between different cut lengths and allows the operator to optimize for defects like forklift stabs, shipping damage, dents, or aesthetic blemishes, while getting optimal yield.
- TigerStop® increases accuracy. The operator doesn’t have to worry about cutting errors or the associated costs of rework. Quality control concerns are no longer a bottleneck.
- TigerStop hardware and software reduces scrap waste and shelving costs. Purchase less raw footage while sending fewer pounds back to the recycler. Eliminate accuracy errors that cause scrap waste in the first place.
- All TigerStop products and software can be used by even the most unskilled or novice operator. Top paid operators, fabricators, and skilled workers can be used for work requiring greater expertise. Free up your top guys with TigerStop.
- TigerStop’s 5 Finger Discount