TigerSaw Ferrous Introduced at FABTECH
10/2/2014 8:53:37 am
Heavy-duty, Precision System, Automates Push Feed and Optimizes Cutting
- Cut from 60° left to 45° right
- Material up to 42’ (12.8 meters) in length
- Pneumatic vertical material vice for positioning accuracy
- Four speed blade rotation 15/30/45/90 rpm (optional 30/60/90/180 rpm)
- Optional: fully integrated, pneumatic material loader and material off-load conveyor
“TigerSaw Ferrous combines efficiency and simplicity, all in a heavy duty system that will allow shops to fully automate – and truly optimize – their metal cut-off processes,” says Spencer Dick, TigerStop founder and president. “Shops that incorporate TigerSaw Ferrous will see a dramatic increase in manufacturing efficiency and a greater profit margin.”
TigerSaw Ferrous includes TigerStop’s easy-to-use, highly intuitive operating system with an ergonomically, side-mounted touch pad that is perfectly situated for an operator to import or program cut lists as well as perform one-off operations.
TigerSaw Ferrous also features Dynamic OptimizationTM, TigerStop’s proprietary nesting and optimizing program, a process by which random lengths of metal can be nested and optimized, on the fly, by the cut list of needed parts and the actual dimensions of the material placed on the system in-feed fence. TigerSaw Ferrous does this automatically which means that engineering staff no longer have to spend valuable time running nesting programs.
By automating and optimizing the cut-off process with the highly accurate, intuitive, easy-to-use TigerSaw Ferrous, manufacturers are able to reduce operator error, labor costs and materials costs while increasing cutting accuracy and greatly improving material yield.
Optional Features: Shops who choose to add in the features below will experience the benefits of whole-system automation, providing an operator environment and process that consists of simply bringing up a cut list and pressing start.
- Automated Material Loading: Fully integrated with TigerSaw Ferrous controls and completely automatic, the pneumatic material loading feature automatically loads tube, bar and pipe stock onto the machine and into a cutting queue.
- Material Off-load Conveyor: The angled outfeed table causes parts to slide down and out of the way, conveniently stacking them on its unloading bars as they come out of the saw and onto the table.
- Label Printing: As TigerSaw Ferrous cuts, a label is printed for each part, making the operator’s job even easier and speeding up the flow of materials to the fabrication floor.
TigerStop was founded in 1994 by Spencer Dick, who as the owner of a thriving manufacturing business, became frustrated with the inherent inefficiencies of his machine operators stopping to reset and recalibrate whenever they were cutting material to various lengths. Spencer also noticed that regardless of how carefully material was measured, the end results were always of slightly different dimensions. He founded TigerStop to automate the cutting process so that exact and accurate parts would result each and every time.
TigerStop, LLC is a global leader in automated stop/gauge and pusher systems under the TigerStop and SawGear brand names. Headquartered in Washington State, TigerStop is a U.S. manufacturer of products for the metalworking, fenestration, electronics, plastics, cabinet, furniture, and construction industries. TigerStop has a second manufacturing and distribution facility in Wierden, Netherlands, a distribution network spanning six continents, and product support in five languages. TigerStop products easily integrate with existing equipment to help optimize and improve the accuracy of all lineal cutting processes. To view videos and testimonials or to request a quote, please visit www.tigerstop.com or phone (360) 254-0661.